It has finally arrived, if only by date, but winter is in fact fading away and most places in the country this year can say, “Good Riddance!” Major cities nearly everywhere dealt with more snow than usual and colder than average temperatures. And according to most long range forecasts, winter is not finished with the US just yet with below normal temperatures forecasted next week and the possibility for another major snow event for the mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
One thing is clear, winter is losing, so face the bright future and begin thinking about your spring plans. Many Southern New Hampshire movers will be choosing to list their homes on the market to take advantage of the busiest upcoming home selling season. Are you ready? We are. At Able Moving & Storage, we stand by our Southern New Hampshire movers ready to handle local, long distance and international movers.
Perhaps you are getting ready to list your house. Here is our short list of reminders for things to do outdoors now that the weather is breaking, to prepare your home for the market:
• Spring yard clean up-time to remove the dead debris of winter. Clean out your garden beds, add fresh mulch and some ornamental annuals to cheer everything up.
• House washing-renting or hiring a power washer to make your home sparkle and look its best
• Paint your front door with a fresh coat and maybe even the shutters and porch trim etc.
• Purchase a new doormat-any little touch to present a clear and welcoming space is helpful.
• Clean your outdoor light fixtures so that the glass shines and the light glows beautifully
• Look for any winter damage to trees and shrubs and remove what is unsightly
• Place a pot of flowers by your front door
• Clean up any outdoor furniture to make your patios and decks look their best
• Give lampposts a fresh coat of spray paint
• Consider any driveway repair or a fresh asphalt coat if needed.
• And….do not forget to do that final walk around your yard. Stand back on the street and look at the overall appearance of you home. What did you miss? Take a photo for a different perspective.
Of course your realtor will also give you all kinds of tips too and be most helpful in deciding what you need to do. There are so many little inexpensive things you can do to make your house look like the perfect home to a buyer. Good Luck Southern New Hampshire movers! And when it is time to get moving, Able Moving & Storage is here to help!