We here at Able Moving & Storage have been focusing on National Safety Month this June by providing our movers in Southern New Hampshire with tips and ideas for keeping safe through the move process. The first week we shared our ideas for keeping your stress levels down during the move process to avoid accidents. The second week we discussed move packing safety. This week our movers in Southern New Hampshire will find safety tips for actual move day.
So you are all packed up and getting ready for your Southern New Hampshire movers to arrive and transport your belongings to your new home. It is a very exciting time with many mixed emotions involved. It would be easy to forget something. Able Moving & Storage can help!
- First you want to make arrangements for your pets and small children. It is all too easy for them to get hurt or even lost out an open door. Arrange for a baby sitter or pet sitter who can focus solely on their safety. You will be very busy and having a sitter ensures that someone is constantly looking after and caring for your pets and children while you tend to the details of moving. Pack a bag containing all their needs and leave it with the sitter.
- Put together a bag or two of your personal travel items and keep it clearly away from everything that will be loaded onto the moving van. Take all high valuable items with you such as jewelry, coins, important papers etc. A first aid kit is a must and should be easily accessible at all times. Consider packing a roll of toilet paper for both ends of your move, plenty of water and healthy snacks.
- Inspect the entire area for hazards that would potentially cause an accident. Inspect the floors for loose items and cords. Check all doorways and walkways outside the home for obstructions. Look for low hanging branches that could get in the way of your moving team.
- Dress properly and use sunscreen and bug repellant. Wear sturdy shoes and check the weather ahead of time to dress appropriately.
- Always have your cell phones on hand both for communicating with your movers and your care givers as well as for an emergency.
Movers in Southern New Hampshire can find a library filled with more great moving safety tips to help cover all the bases on our move resources page. Be sure to check back with Able Moving & Storage next week. We will give our movers in Southern New Hampshire safety tips for arriving in your new homes. Safe Moving!